Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

You're Invited!

Idaho Falls Younkin/Franklin Fundraiser

Time: Wednesday, August 17 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Location: Aero Mark XL (at the Idaho Falls Airport)
1940 International Way # 2
Idaho Falls, ID

Created by: Theresa R. Eaman


"An All-Day event planned to raise funds in conjunction with the Moonlight Fund for Kyle Franklin, husband of fallen wing-walker Amanda Younkin Franklin.

Amanda and Kyle were injured in a tragic accident in March, and Amanda survived for 76 days, ultimately passing from complications due to the extensive burns she received in the accident. Although Amanda is now in a better place, the bills remain and Kyle and the Younkins need our help. This event will give everyone an opportunity to lend a hand.

In the works are a Car Show featuring vehicles from several area car clubs, a Static Air Craft display and a catered dinner and auction with special entertainment in the works! (tickets purchased separately).

Access to the Car Show and Static Air Display will be by donation at the gate. Tickets for the dinner are limited and are available by emailing e_helderman@yahoo.com. A purchase of a dinner ticket includes access to all events and displays. Tickets are $25 per person and the Dinner and entertainment times will be posted shortly as well as the list of entertainers.
"


Please click on AMANDA YOUNKIN FRANKLIN to learn more about the life and death of this angel.

I hope everyone will be able to make this great event in support of Kyle and the Younkin family. I'm not sure if my schedule will allow my attendance, but I am buying one lucky person a ticket to attend. Drawing will be made August 1st.

All you have to do is:
  • Sign up to follow my blog.
  • Leave a message for the family.
  • Tell us if you're planning on attending. If you can't attend, not to worry. A donation will be made in your name.
  • Make sure you come back August 1st to see if you've won the drawing.
Enjoy the Journey!
~ Karlene

2 comments:

  1. I hope lots of people will be able to attend, Karlene. A tragic story and an opportunity to support these brave flying entertainers in their loss. Thanks for bringing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely love to go, but my friend Rosie will be visiting me here during that time, and she leaves on August 19th... It would be amazing if I could bring her along, actually. How we would get there is another question entirely.

    My message to Kyle and Matt either way:

    I can't begin to imagine what you've been going through for the past few months, but I followed the updates on Amanda's progress every day. I've seen your performances twice at Oshkosh, and they were part of why I was inspired to become a pilot. I thought that if Amanda could be brave enough to stand on top of a plane as it flipped over and did loops, I could be brave enough to fly, too. She was a gorgeous, brilliant woman, and it's entirely possible that without her, I might not be flying today. Her endless support for our troops is just as amazing. I know nothing will bring her back, but know that the entire airshow-loving aviation community is standing behind you. I hope you stay involved with flying somehow.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!