Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Famous Aviators

Friday's Fabulous Flyer and time for some fun.


Who is this Woman and what did she do in Aviation?

Amazing the number of women aviators that we never heard about in school. This beautiful young lady was told that she "would never make a flier."And yet, she achieved greatness. What did she do?

Never believe someone who tells you that you can't.

Speaking of fun... today is my last day of reserve for a week, and I'm heading to Hawaii tomorrow for a Yoga retreat. 

Mental and physical health go hand in hand. Sometimes we get so busy we become swept up in the waves of our lives. The only way to survive is to step out of the ocean and take a sabbatical. 

For me, I've chosen Yoga: Mind. Body. Soul. Hawaii is the added benefit. Photos to come next week, and perhaps a dip into that ocean. I am taking the sequel, Flight For Safety to continue with the editing process in the evenings.

Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene

12 comments:

  1. Karlene san!!
    Thank you so much for sharing inspirational post!!Wow she is beautiful,and what she did for an aviation and herself is medicine to me!
    Enjoy your journey in Hawaii :)
    Warm regards,
    Jun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jun. But I was mistaken. The next Friday is the post you must read. You shall not fall into the situation I am writing about.

      Delete
    2. Yes,I read your blog almost everyday especially on Monday,and Friday:)Have a great trip.
      warm regards,
      Jun

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Jun. I will write something very inspirational for you from Hawaii!

      Delete
  2. Is it Amy Johnson? I think it is :-) British aviatrix in the earli 1900s.

    Wonderful post, Karlene. If I were to follow what people told me I couldn't do, I would sure as heck not be sitting here today with a pilot license in my wallet.

    October 5 marks the 2 year anniversary for me moving to Florida and pursuing my life long dream. I love every second of this realistic dream. I'm glad I never listened to those who said I wouldn't make it, 'cause guess what? I made it :-)

    Enjoy Hawai'i, I love those island.. Hula hula :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. you got it!

      And I agree. I would not be where I am today, either. There are those who listen and those who question. And those who defy and believe.

      Don't ever let anyone tell you, you can't. You've got a lot of work to do in the world!

      I will enjoy Hawaii. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Oh, it's already yoga-retreat time for you--have a fantastic, wonderful, rejuvenating time! And btw, who IS that woman? I really want to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I will. So looking forward to it. Relax. Meditate. Rejuvenate.

      That woman... none other than Amy Johnson. Beautiful isn't she.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Johnson

      Delete
  4. Yay for Hawaii! I hope you have a fantastic time, get lots of R&R and come back refreshed and rested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I will come back in a completely zen state and then start painting. :)

      Delete
  5. She looks like Blanche Stuart Scott....The fisrt American woman to solo...i stand corrected though;have fun in Hawaii...:-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. She kind of does! Have a great weekend.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!