Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Experience and Life...

"Life is not just a series of calculations and a sum total of statistics, it's about experience, it's about participation, it is something more complex and more interesting than what is obvious."

Daniel Libeskind


 
Last week I flew to China and was in internet lock-down. A challenge when you are attending school on line. I landed Friday morning, worked on my homework, and Saturday my husband and I drove to Bend to see the grandkids. The goal... pancakes and playtime at the park. 12 hours on the road with 18 hours there. Many wonder why the long drive for such a short visit. I say, better to go for a short time than not at all. 


How do you  place a time value on smiles?

Today I am flying to Hong Kong. I haven't been there since NWA 747 freighter days. I also feel a little behind on my reading for school, but an early wake up and marathon at the gym before I fly, and a full day in Hong Kong should catch me up on that.


About school... two weeks down and rolling into week three. I'm still here. :) Remember that drawing from the training manual where the student's head is open and the instructor is pouring information in? That's how I feel with statistics. Love it... but I wish I had more time! Human Factors...is awesome. So far, so good. 

Now... Time to Fly. Enjoy your week! And make sure you drop by Wednesday, as there is an important question.

Thank you so much for reading and sharing my novels Flight For Control and Flight For Safety with your friends. If you haven't left a comment on Amazon, please do so. It helps so very much!

Enjoy the journey!!
XOX Karlene

6 comments:

  1. You need a GA airplane. Even my Citabria could get from Boeing Field to Bend in about 2.5 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome for sure! One day. But for now... I would need to spend the time to keep current, time to drive to Boeing... preflight... and then walk to their house... same for the return. And everything contingent on the weather. So the time effort for now to hop in a car with my crazy schedule, was the safest way to get there.

      Delete
  2. Why are you still driving to Bend? I thought you were buying a P210 to take care of that drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... you missed the post on buying an aircraft this stage in my life. I don't have time to fly it.
      Which is a responsibility I don't take lightly. I fly an A330... which is not comparable to a small GA aircraft. When I start flying GA again, I will do it safely. With an instructor, learning flight rules and operations for this type of flight. Safety is of my first concern and I haven't flown a small aircraft for many years, and not checked out yet. One day when I have time, I will, and I will fly. Until then... I used my car. Besides, when I'm there I need a car to drive the kids about.
      Thanks for the thoughts!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you've been on the move over the past few days!! I bet it was kinda cool to be back in Hong Kong again, this time in the Airbus!

    Sorry I haven't commented recently, Senior year is BUSY!

    -Swayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Swayne, I have been on the move for the previous three months and know what it's like. Senior? How exciting is that! Thank you for dropping by. And I so understand.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!