Contract Airline Services


"We are the protagonists of our stories called life, and there is no limit to how high we can fly."


PHD. MBA. MHS. Type rated on A350, A330, B777, B747-400, B747-200, B757, B767, B737, B727. International Airline Pilot / Author / Speaker. Dedicated to giving the gift of wings to anyone following their dreams. Supporting Aviation Safety through training, writing, and inspiration. Fighting for Aviation Safety and Airline Employee Advocacy. Safety Culture and SMS change agent.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Fly Girl scholarship


Friday's Fabulous Flyer

Natalie Kelley 
and 
The Fly Girl scholarship!

How many people give more than they take in this world? Well, Natalie Kelley is one of them. When you read her story, you'll see what I'm talking about. All she wants in return is for all of us to share the information about Fly Girl and her scholarship. She also shows that it's never too late to follow your dreams, reach for the stars, and start another career. 

Natalie: 


I am 44 years old and have always wanted 
to earn my privates pilots license. 


I started flying with my uncle, who is an aerobatic pilot, when I was around 9 years old. Ever since my first flight with him, I've wanted to fly my own plane. I've been a stay-at-home mom for 18 years. Time has been getting away from me! In the summer of 2016, I decided the time was right to slowly make my GA dream a reality. 



I earned my private pilots license in August of 2017 and after taking some time off to fly around in a recently purchased Piper Archer, I decided to continue instruction by pursuing my instrument rating. I plan to earn a commercial rating. After that, I'd like to get my multiengine rating, complex rating...and any other rating I can! 


I hope to make a (second) career out of flying. 
 I'm searching each day for new,
 unique flying career possibilities.


I try to give back to the community as much as I can. I've been a "big sister" with Big Brothers, Big Sisters for 3 years. I work closely with The Andy and Jordan Dalton foundation, which supports children under the care of Cincinnati Children's Hospital, and their families. I am also a member of the Wright Chapter of the Women in Aviation organization. 


I decided I also wanted to help other women achieve their flying dreams and created the Fly Girl Scholarship, to be used at Sporty's Academy, located in the Cincinnati area (where I currently train). I want grow the scholarship opportunities for women and am currently trying to devise creative ways to do that. 


I thoroughly enjoy taking others up in my plane and allowing them to see the world from 3,000+ ft!! If you have any comments or suggestions, I appreciate any feedback and always welcome encouragement! Thank you for putting yourself out there and allowing others to see your passion for flying!"


Natalie Kelley


How you can connect with 
Natalie Kelley:




Take a moment and reach out to say hello! 
And please help share the information about 
the Fly Girl Scholarship!

Enjoy the Journey!
XO Karlene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If your comment doesn't appear immediately, it will after I land. Enjoy the journey!